Monday, October 30, 2006

Homesick

It's amazing how homesick hits here and there. Today I was homesick. I called home yesterday to tell my family to watch for me on TV - even though there was a snowball's chance in hell that I was going to make it on seeing as I was in the back of a box schmoozing and making sure every had food and a drink in their hand. And then later, after the game, I was talking to my Mom who was telling me all about how my beautiful little niece can hold things with both hands. And how she loves the toys my sisters and I have sent. I wanted to be there. I want to cheer her on when she holds things. I want to give her kisses and squeeze her. I miss sharing things with my family on a daily basis - even though I know that I got fed up with stuff when I had that opportunity.

I've been watching the ticket prices for going home for Christmas and that doesn't help. They're not getting any cheaper. I'm still hopeful, and there's this reality that I may not get home for the holidays this year. That would be a first. A first I'd rather not experience.

2 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

I can identify with that a lot from being in Japan. I'd be fine most of the time, but then homesickness would strike out of no where. Of course now that I'm back here, I want to go back to Japan. Go figure. I guess you only remember the good things about places when you're not there.

Christy said...

I don't think tickets are going to get any cheaper!! :( That sucks. Hope you can come home-- even if I don't get to see you! You gotta see the fam and baby!
ck