Thursday, October 12, 2006

$636

That's how much the guy at Grease Monkey said it would take to fix my car. And maybe an extra $100 if it took a little longer than they were thinking. I said thank you very much and took my car and left. As they pulled my car around there was a guy in the waiting room who told me that a similar thing happened to his car and a place down the street fixed it for $400. Now that sounds a little better and still not great. Plus - I was grossed out by said guy because he was chewing tobacco in the waiting area. Gross!!!

I really do think that if the right person looks at it they may be able to just clamp it up. Putting even $400 into this car sounds like a lot to me in this moment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hate fixin cars!! Hope you found a good deal. Sorry I missed your call... I was at work!
ck

Joel Swagman said...

Ouch! nothing is ever cheap when it comes to cars eh?