Friday, October 06, 2006

All at Once

I'm feeling these days like it's either feast or famine in my world. In the past couple of weeks it seems as though all sorts of things are happening all at once. And in the midst of it all I haven't had a chance to really process through any of it. I'm just kind of sailing along, and by sailing I mean power boating along and things are happening and I'm making choices and I still don't really feel connected to why I'm doing some of the things I'm doing. Or how I got to the point I am.

And so - for at least the next week and ideally for a long time after that I'm trying to pay attention to the Spirit in and around me. The Spirit that helps me find center and by center I mean that grounded place where decisions are less stressful because I know where my center is. That centered place where it doesn't have to be about me. That place where reality is understood to a greater extent - where some sort of clarity may be found. I'm positive I have ideas about what this looks like that will be shot to pieces - and my hope is that in the shooting I'll see the beauty of what's behind the wall. Of what living in the Spirit truly actually looks like.

For the last 12 hours it's been kicking my butt and giving me hope and in a crazy turn of events - energy. What up Spirit?

3 comments:

Nick Richtsmeier said...

I hope this comment is encouraging (it's meant to be)... but it doesn't surprise me at all that you turning toward some new centering with the Holy Spirit his providing some "butt kicking" with simultaneous hope. Sounds like you're on the right track...

Christy said...

I Love that you are feeling this new hope! WOO WHOO!
ck

Viv M. said...

Love to hear more about it! Love you friend!