Sunday, October 15, 2006

Whirlwind Weekend!

For the last couple of days my Dad's been here in Denver and we've been having a great time! His flight got in Thursday late and left early early this morning, so Friday and Saturday are what we had together. Friday we took it easy in the morning, had breakfast at one of my favorite places in Boulder - Lucille's - where my Dad proceeded to announce that he hates organic food. Now this is perfectly fine to me, and I get the feeling that Boulder residents are fairly non-violent. And we're still in Boulder! I was a tiny bit afraid we were going to get into a little fight with someone right there in the restaurant.

After filling up on tasty food we went up to Rocky Mountain National Park - which is farther away than I remember it being - for a hike. We took a 7 mile hike starting at 9200 feet and going up another 750 more. Welcome to the elevation Dad! It took us about 3 hours and thankfully aside from about the last half mile the elevation gain was all first and then we went down. Part of the trail was "unimproved" and I think that's what took the most of our time. That and the parts of the trail that were covered in snow/ice - I almost fell at least once! Once we got back to Denver we went downtown for dinner with a friend and then crashed!

Saturday Dad made breakfast for Sheralee, Jim and I and it was awesome! Then we walked around the 16th Street Mall where we went in all the little touristy t-shirt shops so my Dad could find a shirt. After walking home we met Vivian and went to Lik's for ice cream and then to the King (Queen) Soopers to get some supplies for the party we were having at Mark & Jen's. The football party was way fun. Unfortunately Sheralee was the only one in the room rooting for the Gators - sorry Sheralee! And then this morning bright (well technically very dark) and early we headed back to the airport.

All of this in my noisy noisy car. Today I'm relaxing, doing dishes (oh yeah - my dad plunged out our sink while he was here too) and preparing for a new job tomorrow! Here's to a day to center.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I am glad you had a blast!! I bet your friends loved your dad as much as everyone else around here does! Good luck tomorrow! You will have a steller day!
ck

Joel Swagman said...

I've never heard of anyone hating Organic food. Did he have a reason.

Maria said...

His reason was that he thought it was hype. That there really was no difference and that people were just trying to make money.

I'm guessing that means he's never tried it. I just had some amazing organic chicken for dinner. I love the organic food. Or as someone I know calls it hippy food.