Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Week of No Job

Well I'm home. On the couch. And it feels pretty good. And at the same time there's something completely disorienting about it. Here's a quick time line for you:

3:00 pm, Friday 10/6 - accepted offer of new position
8:00 pm, Sunday 10/8 - completed resignation letter
8:00 am, Monday 10/9 - reported for work
9:30 am, Monday 10/9 - presented resignation letter to boss shortly after he arrived
10:00 am, Monday, 10/9 - left job after 2 weeks notice was not accepted
1:00 pm, Monday, 10/9 - moved start date of new job up one week

Which leaves me with this week off. And I hope to create some space for my soul and my mind and my heart to get a bit of understanding and clarity around the situation. I also plan to clean my apartment, and do some laundry and enjoy some time with my Dad.

3 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

2 weeks notice not accepted? How does that work? Do they really prefer no weeks notice?

Andrea said...

Congrats! Enjoy the time off for some R&R and I hope this job is a much better fit for you!

Christy said...

JERK!!! Enjoy and have a blast with your pops!
ck