Saturday, October 07, 2006

October 7, 3 pm, 80 degrees!

I am trying to enjoy today's beautiful weather! It's sunny, warm and predicted to get cold overnight with a high of 55 tomorrow and highs in the 40s on Monday and Tuesday. Brrr.

So since things are slightly official at this point I would like to announce that I have a new job! I'll be doing marketing as part of a team again and I'm so stinking excited. I'll be submitting my letter of resignation on Monday morning - please think of me then and if you pray - pray for courage for me.

Well I'm off to the park to play horseshoes. Really? Yes. Gotta take advantage of this beautiful afternoon somehow.

5 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

I realize you don't want to post too much about a new job on line, but if it is the same line of work, what excites you about this job as compared to the old one?

Maria said...

It seems as though it's actually the same line of work I was doing before I left Grand Rapids that I've been searching for since arriving here.

When I left I was doing broad marketing strategies - my days were varied and I got to try tons of cool stuff. Then I moved here, got a job at a very similar organization, but the job was only web marketing - and I was on the computer all day long. Then I got a job doing B2B marketing except it turned out to be at the core a telemarketing job. Plus I was in an office with 2 other people.

So the things I'm excited about getting back to are:
1-Being responsible and accountable for an entire marketing plan, not just being told how to execute one small part of it.
2-Working as part of a team again - The marketing team at this new place is 4 and growing plus the office itself looked to have about 40 people in it!
3-Working collaboratively - not as a spoke in the wheel - rather as a spoke with a voice.

Christy said...

Love horseshoes! Enjoy the day. It's been nice here- but expecting snow at the end of the week!! Hello! One season at a time!
ck

Nick Richtsmeier said...

October 9, 9 am, 37 degrees!

Maria said...

I KNOW! Glad I got out out on Saturday.