Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sorry Megs...and other random thoughts

The Colorado Powerball Jackpot was $365 million yesterday! Meg's theory was that it was getting so high because God wanted her to win it and so he was preventing anyone else from winning. But - someone in Nebraska bought the winning ticket. (Megs - did you go to Nebraska yesterday?)

Today is the third day in a row that it's been below 10 degrees farenheit when I woke up in the morning. Last night on my way home from work (around 9:30) there was a bank sign that said 2 and on Friday night there was a sighting of -7 on a bank sign. That's actual temperature people! I'm just thankful it's not too windy here in Denver and that even though it's cold the sun is still pretty much always out. I am certainly ready to have the 50 degree days back!

I've been struck this weekend by how my understanding of love is changing daily. (and I do mean love with a lowercase 'l') I used to think that to love someone meant to get to know them, enjoy their company and on occasion call out of them a destructive pattern or two. I think those things are a part of loving - and - it's so much more than that! Love is really rooted in knowing, continually striving to know more, and in that knowing comes facing and love. Love doesn't always mean enjoying someone's company, or being together all the time. Love means using all your minutes to face and know and in that knowing anything can happen! That's love (or at least what I know if it right now.) The hard part for me has been striving to know and understand myself - if I don't know and love myself how can I expect anyone else to? Trinity is the only one who's ever been able to do that well - and I'm certainly thankful for that!

Somewhere over the weekend my hits struck the 1000 mark! Thanks to all of you for stopping by. love, Maria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's what I know for sure about love:
"...a far better way for you,
Love never gives up
love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
doesn't force itself on others,
isn't always "me first,"
doesn't fly off the handle,
doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
doesn't revel when others grovel,
takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
puts up with anything,
trusts God always.
Always looks for the best,
never looks back,
but keeps going to the end."

AND, how do we know love? "God is Love!" Try substituting "God" for the word "love" or adding "God" before "doesn't" in the passage above.

AND, "this is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about- not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God." "This is how we know we're living steadily and deeply in him, and he in us: He's (God) given us life from his life (Jesus), and from his very own Spirit!"

SO . . ."God is love. When we take up permanent residence in a life of love, we live in God and God lives in us. This way, love, has the run of the house, becomes at home and mature in us . .."

quotes from "The Message." Best lyrics ever!!!!

AND . . . my love for you is greater than I can express, made perfect through God's love of you, which is greater yet!!!

Not so anonymous,

MOM

Viv M. said...

maria, sweetie... looks like a great weekend if that's were you are at... i love that we got to hang out this weekend!!