Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hooray!

So I had a great experience getting my hair cut yesterday. First and foremost I really do like the cut - it's of course not quite as great this morning since I styled it, but a good cut nonetheless. I was happy with the entire experience - the stylist showed real interest in knowing what I wanted and pursued my personality a little bit to try and make sure the cut fit me. She took almost 45 minutes just cutting my hair (plus washing and styling) - and mentioned toward the end that she likes to spend a lot of time on someone's first cut with her to know their hair and know them. I think I'll go back to her...as long as it grows out decently.

I haven't posted much recently about me or my journey much beyond surface stuff - so here's an admittedly vague update. I've just been asking a lot of questions lately. About the nature of God, community, prayer and transformation. The thing is that I'm not coming to a lot of conclusions or answers AND I'm okay with that. The questioning actually feels more healthy than thinking I have all the answers and sticking to them. The conversations are actually more fun that way too. I'm lucky to have a lot of really smart and centered people around me to encourage my questioning and push me in healthy directions.

No comments: