Thursday, February 16, 2006

Pathetique

Are you ever going along, living life, thinking things are pretty good when you realize that something isn't quite right? This is what happened to me today. I was on a conference call with a coworker and a vendor - when Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata (track 1 of the link) started playing on the radio in the background and with no warning there were tears in my eyes. I've always loved this piece of music - and - that didn't really seem normal.

I certainly have some ideas what I may be sad about, I just didn't know I was in such a precarious place. Interesting.

1 comment:

John Nelson said...

I was intrigued by your comment on the music having such an affect on you. I suspect we all have hidden triggers that music can set off, no matter what we think we're doing.