Friday, February 24, 2006

Follow up

Last night in class during our discussion of Soul, Sharon asked a question that echoed the question of balance that I posted yesterday. How do you balance living from belovedness in community? What does that look like? Of course my notes are at home and I didn't write everything down, but what Nick said was that the orientation needs to be toward Jesus at the Center. That community is important to be the face of Trinity to us and for us to be the face of Trinity to the community. And - me having my orientation toward Trinity is the only way that it can work. It was an "aha moment" that I can't quite put back into words as perfectly as I had hoped.

In other news -
~~I was driving into work this morning and heard the Evenescence song about "All of me" and was reminded how meaningful that song is to me.
~~Our apartment was broken into last night. The burglars were in a hurry and took a stereo of Sheralee's (that she loves) and some jewelry from my room. We were lucky we weren't home when it happened and that they didn't see Sheralee's computer or her camera - and - it was still violating to think of someone being in our place.

No comments: