Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Meijer

I miss Meijer. There's nothing like it in Colorado. Yes - this is a random thought and at the same time not so much. My friend Meghan and I email most of the day from work...here's a little excerpt from today's conversation - it's making me laugh out loud, so I thought perhaps you would enjoy it!

It all started because Megs didn't want to eat her lunch and so I encouraged her to try and trade with someone in her office.

Meghan: I doubt anyone wants a pbj sandwich and yogurt...plus I really want a cobb salad from Green next to the Corner Bakery on Araphoe.
Me: I'd trade you for ramen and an orange. Well - actually I'd trade the ramen for the sandwich. I don't want the yogurt.
Meghan: What kind of ramen?
Me: top ramen chicken flavor. I'm sad cause I can't find my favorite kind here in denver. I really like the Maruchen Creamy Chicken. I so can't find it in Denver
Meghan: Have you gone to King Soopers? They have a plethora of ramen choices.
Me: I think I've looked at King Soopers...but I'm not opposed to looking again. I think I'm going to email Meijer to see when they're moving to Colorado.
Meghan: LOL...amen..I miss it too...cheap gas, great groceries, ton to do at 3:15 am
Me: I miss it! the grocerey section was huge! I don't think people here get it...i mean the grocerey section alone was easily twice the size of safeway or king soopers or super target. there was at least three brands of everything and i think they carried every variety of every product. i mean the soup section alone was amazing.
plus - you never had to worry about it closing. for reference...the walmart just off of i25 (i think it's around thornton) is open 24 hours.
Meghan: I know what we can do Friday night!! You are right, people have no idea the beauty of Meijer.
Me: I did email them...i'll let you know if they reply to me. I mean - I'll quit my job to help build it if neccessary.
Meghan: LOL...Now, don't go to extremes, but I would be there to help open the doors. I love Meijer.
Me: well - they'd have to pay me. i wouldn't volunteer. and by help build i mean be regional president.
Meghan: Can I be the regional VP? How awesome would that be?
Me: I'm telling you it would kick ass - and i promise when I'm named rocky mountain regional president of meijer the first thing i'll do is hire you as rocky mountain regional vp.

Hope you enjoyed that little conversation...I do love the screen play type posts :)

UPDATE: I heard back from Meijer...sadly there are no plans to build a Meijer in Denver.

2 comments:

Viv M. said...

i miss meijer too!!!

so sad :-(

i went to visit my friends in grand rapids last year, and went with them grocery shopping to, of course, Meijer... it was a midwestern common bond...

i'm glad we have this in common, Maria :-)

Anonymous said...

darn -- and I was hoing they'd bring back the oasis with the Denver Meijer...