Tuesday, September 05, 2006

You don't want inside this mind

Ok - so there's been plenty going on here this week. The long weekend was so so much fun! Just so did not want to go back to work - let's hope that this short week goes quickly!

So it's funny. There's been plenty on my mind - as I've alluded to before and the last couple of days have helped me put words to what I've been thinking about. First I've been struck with the realization that in just two weeks I'll have been in Denver for 1 year. One year that was almost nothing like I thought it would be. One year in which I have learned so much, and one year later I still miss much of what and who I knew in Michigan. And one year that I'm actually quite thankful that I've experienced something else.

And the second thing I've been struck with - more than at any other time I can remember - is total distraction with dating. And the fact that I'm not. Not that I've ever made a conscious decision not to date - just that in the last couple of weeks it's been driving me crazy that I'm not. And the thing is, I'm not lonely per se. It's more that I think I'm living more than I ever have and that's a part of me that's alive, and yet not living. If that makes any sense.

So there's that. There's a small taste of what's been on my mind. At least the parts I can put words to.

2 comments:

Christy said...

glad you are thinking through some things... I wish dating or not didn't have to be such a dreaded/ awful feeling! I thought of you today when I found a LARGE case of Oberon at Costco. I wish I could mail it to you!

ck

Andrea said...

maria, I actually know how to comment now!
I'm glad some things are becoming a bit clearer for you and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. let me know if you want to talk!