Sunday, September 10, 2006

989 - A Summary

Well we're back from 989 and it was really quite fun. After missing a turn on the way up and taking a longer, alternate route through snow (yes falling snow on Sep't 8 less than an hour and a half from home) to get to the cabin we had a great time. We sat in the extremely chlorinated hot tub, and spent a little bit of time a the South Park Music Festival, watched a TON of football, grilled, sat outside a bit and relaxed. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post soon.

This weekend away however has left me in a strange place - unlike the last couple of weekend trips. I've been talking with a few people about how often what you see is a direct result of what you believe. Or in other words the way you interpret situations and actions and experiences is a direct result of what you believe about yourself and the people you're with - but mostly what you believe about yourself. And I was struck with the reality of that for myself in strange moments this weekend and it pissed me off. The things I believe about myself cause me to feel pain and hurt more than I need to. More than perhaps is real. And I would like to believe different things about me. I just don't know how to do that.

And in this moment I'm completely distracted by dreading work tomorrow. The president and a long time sales guy for the company are going to be in town. And as part of this I may have to cold call offices with the sales guy to learn techniques. And by cold call I mean show up with no appointment and try to talk to people to sell them our service. I'm a pretty good learner if I want to be, and this is a skill I do think I can live without. So here's to hoping the next two days go by quickly!

No comments: