Monday, September 25, 2006

Twenty-Seven

Today I turn 27. Jeff told me last night that 27 means I'm now in my late twenties. To his credit he also said that's a pretty cool place to be - that there's this sense of found identity along with still being in the twenties and having fun. Thanks Jeff.

Now I'm glad that at 27 Jeff's found some sort of identity because I'm not sure I fit into that part of the "late 20s" category. Don't get me wrong - I certainly understand myself better than I did 5 years or even a year ago - and I think there' s perhaps part of me that's caught up in an understanding that this process of discovery never ends. So perhaps I really do fit in my late 20s and I'm getting too technical!

But if the rest of year 28 (as Sheralee reminded me I'm beginning - not year 27) feels anything like today has so far - I'm in! Let's go! Last night was a beautiful celebration with friends at our place and I'm really in a happy place this morning! So here's to the next year. May it be beautiful, fabulous, filled with friends, laughter, love, wine, Jesus, and increasing amounts of living in reality.

6 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

happy birthday

Viv M. said...

to the 28th year of your life full of love, life, friends, Jesus, and wine... oh, and how can I forget, Panda Express in 24 minutes!

Congratulations, friend!

Christy said...

happy birthday to you!! I won't sing, cause you can't hear me :).

Just so you know- your a youngin- 30 will creep right on up there!

Love you!ck

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Maria! Have a great rest of your day, and don't forget Oberon in the list for your 28th year!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday (yesterday)! From Grand Rapids, Michigan!

Maria said...

oh the oberon MUST go on my list of things for year 28. We have 6 happy bottles in our fridge right now that vbt brought all the way from Chicago!