Tuesday, September 26, 2006

On Realistic Expectations

Siggh.

I am so impatient today - and frustrated. I was expecting an important phone call yesterday, Monday, September 25, 2006 before 5:00 pm. It's now Tuesday, September 26, 2006 at 3:46 pm. And I have not yet received this phone call. And I'm anxious and irritated and frustrated.

Here's my thing - if when setting expectations about a process you believe you will respond on Monday then say that AND follow through on it. If there is even 1% of you that anticipates that perhaps Monday is not when you'll call then be more vague - say sometime next week, early next week - anything! For me - and I know I'm not really normal - and still for me honesty is better than giving an estimate that may be rushed. That you may not be able to follow through on. So if you know that you'd really like to get back to me on Monday and know that it may be on Tuesday or Wednesday - then either tell me that OR tell me that you'll get back to me by Wednesday. I will appreciate it.

Grrrr.

1 comment:

Christy said...

GRRR is right! You have a right to be frustrated! I was hoping you got the call yesterday! Bummer-- hope it comes tomorrow!
ck