Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Sensible shoes

I wore sensible shoes to walk to work for the second day in a row today. That makes me sad...I dislike sensible shoes - they're not pretty! And - I promise you I would fall if I didn't wear sensible shoes in the snow that's been falling. Maybe if the managers of the Dakota would clear their sidewalk...and they don't.

For the first time in a couple of weeks I'm feeling definitely flatlined. I'm not feeling anything and I don't like it. It seems like I'm not learning anything or growing I just am. And not in the good way where I'm able to just be - the ugh way where I don't feel engaged. I'm afraid I'm shutting myself down or closing myself off to be able to go to work every day without wanting to hurt someone. I'd like to find another way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria...long story short...i came across your blog, and i would like to say thank you because you have put a rather large smile across my face :) picturing you walking in your "sensible shoes" and making up your song (and i can't get it out of my head now). I also checked out the oscar party pics...i watched it and thought of your party from many miles away...thank you for the memories which inevitably bring smiles.

Anonymous said...

ok...hopefully i can bring light to the confusion of my previous post...just this: wrong maria ;) sorry about that :)

Maria said...

I wondered about that! And - feel free to keep reading. I don't know if the Maria you thought I was has a blog...I'll ask her.

Viv M. said...

maria, let's go into business together... let's create sensible stylish shoes - why must you be in pain to look fabulous or why must you look dorky to be comfortable. that's the answer to our question - then we'll work from home and it'll all be perfect :-D

Christy said...

I am praying for you my friend!! I love you!!

ck