Friday, March 17, 2006

Random night of no sleep

Last night after class (l to r) Sara, Vivian, Meghan and I went out to this great wine bar in Lodo to celebrate Meghan's birthday. We had a great time talking about random stuff and even though I was feeling somewhat swirly I had a wonderful time and am looking forward to celebrating Meg more this weekend.

Since I got home around midnight I didn't feel comfortable taking the sleep aids that have been my friend lately and I didn't sleep well. In the midst of my light sleep I heard a huge crash, someone yelling "Where'd he go?" and a whole bunch of sirens - some which stopped right outside my apartment, and some which kept going. Since I was awake then I of course got up and looked out the window only to see a car in the front yard of the homeless coffee shop across the street. I saw no one in the car or in the police cruisers that were all over the scene, but I did seen a bunch of cops shining flashlights in bushes and underneath parked cars. I think I watched for at least half an hour - nothing happened during that half hour of course, but I kept watching. A camera man from Fox 31 showed up somewhere in there so I was hoping to find a story on their website this morning...but no. Needless to say, my unrested self is feeling quite uncentered this morning!

No comments: