Friday, March 24, 2006

Beautiful Disaster

This is going to be a stretch - I'll admit - and I still wanna post about it, so you can decide whether to read or not.

Yesterday I was given a crazy picture. I was listening to my iTunes at work while doing the mundane tedious task of updating this tiny detail in about 500 records in our database (no joke...and not the point) and I rediscovered a Kelly Clarkson song that I love - Beautiful Disaster from her Breakaway album. Kelly's singing about someone she loves who she can't figure out and who's just messy and disastrous. It's a tender song - and all of a sudden I was given a picture that this is what God sees. Maria is a messy disaster and yet Trinity's lovingly looking at me saying:

Oh when I don't know
I don't know what she's after
But she's so beautiful
Such a beautiful disaster

Like - I get it, you're messy and you don't know what you're after - and I love you in a soft, tender, free way. I love you because of you - not in spite of you. It's somehow comforting.

1 comment:

Viv M. said...

i heart kelly