Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Prioritizing

So it seems that I'm not correctly prioritizing my job functions at work. I think this stems from only being here 8 weeks to this point and so I'm still figuring things out. However - I think that perhaps a bigger issue is that I've been naturally drawn to the tasks I've been spending more time on. I have more experience with those tasks and I enjoy them more. The function I've not put enough time and effort toward is something that I don't enjoy so much and haven't practiced and therefore am not very good at. So it seems it's time again to push outside the box and learn and grow.

I understand this cognitively. I have no motivation aside from wanting to keep my job to do it. Partially because I believe that persuasion is not one of my strengths. I don't think it ever will be. Is that so terrible? What I really want to do is ask to have this job function be taken away from me - I have more than enough work to keep me busy with all the other things I'm responsible for. And - with the way the company is structured I'm fairly certain that's not a possibility.

So - now I'm going to stop avoiding with this blog posting and start working. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Viv M. said...

oh, sweetie, join the club... just sayin'

Maria said...

yes yes. i know. we're all in this boat. just time to buck up and do it. :)