Monday, December 04, 2006

New Perspective for Advent


I think I'm starting to feel better. Snuck out of work a bit early today because I was just plain done. And now that I'm home I'm starting to feel more like myself. I even have a bit of an appetite. Who knew? I hate to say it, and I think it may have something to do with all the salt water I was forced to gargle this weekend...


I was struck today by Vivian's post about Advent. I think this is the first advent season that I'm identifying more with songs of longing like "O Come O Come Immanuel" and "Lo How a Rose Eer Blooming" and I'm sure there are more. There's so much of me that in a new way understands that longing for Messiah to show up and save me from circumstances. It's bigger than that too thought - save me from a way of life that could be so much better. Save me from the things around me. Save me from me. I think I still love the songs full of joy, however, it's the songs of longing that have more meaning for me this advent.

No comments: