Monday, December 18, 2006

A NON-exhaustive List

This is a highly non-exhaustive list of songs I'd like to stage a protest to have taken off the radio:

1 - Gayla Peevy, I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
2 - James Blunt, You're Beautiful
3 - John Mayer, Waiting on the World to Change
4 - Sixpence None the Richer, Kiss Me

I only write this list in this moment because I have been hearing numbers 1 and 3 way too much lately! #1 is just irritating and dumb. #3 is irritating and dumb because if you're going to waste a bunch of time singing about or listening to a song about waiting on the world to change why not use those minutes and create some of that change you'd like to see.

Whew - feels good to get that off my chest.

7 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

I haven't been listening to the radio for a long time now. 5 years in Japan, and now that I'm back I listen to audio books in the car. So I don't even recognize all of these songs, let alone feel sick of them.

I do feel your pain though. If I hear one more 1980s soft rock song on the Meijer in-store music, I think I might go nuts.

Viv M. said...

could we add formatting documents to this list? I know that it doesn't qualify under the "songs" category, but seriously, it's done!

Anonymous said...

The Hippopotamus song is one of the best Christmas songs of all time. Lets keep that one on the radio...

Megs said...

I was watching VH1's top 40 songs of 2006 and both "Your Beautiful" and "Bad Day" were on the list. I'd like to add "Bad Day". Get over it people!!

Maria said...

First of all I forgot to put Keith Urban on the list - that stupid take-your-cat-and-leave-my-sweater song.

Second - Bob you're wrong. I hope you were being sarcastic :)

Third - Meghan I agree wholeheartedly, Bad Day is on the list!

Anonymous said...

No sarcasm here. Michelle and I love that song! I think you are mistaken here. I know what I'll be singing next time I see you...

Maria said...

alright bob...I look forward to your performance :)