Thursday, December 21, 2006

Let it Snow

I only say let it snow because there's not anything I can do about it! Denver is going to have a white Christmas - there's no doubt! If you've been watching the news at all you may know that we've gotten (as of 7:15 this morning MST) 22 inches of snow since yesterday morning and it's still coming down!

When I got up yesterday around 5:30 it had just started to snow so I went into work and it got quickly worse and worse and worse. We were sent home around lunch time after a brand new Dodge diesel pick-up truck and a big box truck got stuck in our parking lot. At that point I thought we may be stuck in the building over night and I was not happy about that. I did make it home safely, parked my car on the street in what seemed like a foot of snow because the snow drift in the entrance to our alley was above my tires and I did NOT want to get stuck there! Then I spent the rest of the afternoon here with Sheralee and Vivian who works just a block from our house. She ended up staying the night because she didn't want to walk home in the blizzard (she doesn't have a car and wouldn't have wanted to drive either).

This morning even the post office is closed and we're being told not to go into work at all. The airport and the road to it - which is a 10 mile road - were closed yesterday around 3 and there are thousands of people still stranded out there. Right now they're saying it's closed until further notice. My flight leaves at 6:30 tomorrow morning - even if it does leave on time it is going to be a zoo!!

So for today I'm going to try and enjoy the snow day and pray very hard that the airport and the roads that get there are cleared up by this evening or tomorrow morning at the latest.

No comments: