Friday, December 08, 2006

I am So Excited!

Perhaps some would say my inner grandma is coming out. Others would say she's out. That she's a big part of me. I tend to agree to a point. The reason I bring this up now is because in this moment I am so excited to go see the CSO perform Handel's Messiah. Messiah has been a part of my Christmas tradition since about middle school I think. I used to hate going! I can't believe my parents brought us as much as they did because I think we fell asleep through a lot of it. Now though, especially after analyzing the snot out of it in music classes at Calvin and singing it for a few years, I love going every Christmas. So to me it's not so much my inner grandma as it is Christmas tradition. I'm sure you have some. I really hope they haven't cut my favorite chorus "Let All the Angels of God" - it's one that gets cut a lot. There are other favorites that I'm sure haven't hit the cutting board though - like "Comfort Ye" and the line "They shoot out their lips" (what does that even mean) and there's another one I can NOT think of right now because there's other music playing in my house. It's bothering me...I'll let you know if/when I think of it. It's a fun one to sing...in part two or perhaps three. Anyway...I'm off to celebrate my Christmas tradition.

2 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

Better you than me...I don't think I would enjoy that at all. Maybe all that going as a kid helps you appreciate it better now.

Maria said...

I'm sure you're right! The night flew by for me - not for Dave though...