Sunday, December 03, 2006

Made Myself Sick

So I think I may have worked myself sick this weekend. I was out of town for a conference that I was hoping would be kinda fun. Turned out to be the exact opposite. Every time I turned around there was some sort of "emergency" placed on my shoulders complete with blame and shame and condescending. For the record everything went off fine and much of the stress placed on me was wasted energy. And I think that's part of what makes me the most angry.

But back to the sick part. I had a sore throat most of the time we were up there. When I got back to Denver I took a nap - because if I didn't I would have burst into tears over just about anything - and then went over to Dave's. Except while I was getting ready I decided to look at my throat and it really was fairly disgusting. So Dave got convinced I have strep throat (I don't) and very sweetly took care of an exhausted me for the evening. Then this afternoon my stomach started to feel very very upset. So I took another nap and ate some chicken soup and now I'm starting to feel a bit better...thankfully.

I'm sure I'll be able to explain the horror of this weekend a bit more when I'm feeling a bit better. It was fairly horrible though.

2 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

hope you feel better soon

Christy said...

what a great guy! Hope you feel better