Thursday, August 03, 2006

Soul Hunger

I think my soul is hungry. Sure, that could be my stomach talking, and yet, I think it's my soul. For connection. For God. For love. See the thing is I haven't been feeding my soul well lately, and so like my stomach, it digest the things I give it, takes the good, discards the bad and waits for more. And it complains when it's been too long between meals and there is no snack.

My problem in this moment is that I've let it go to long. To the point where I'm just plain hungry and so zapped that I don't have the energy to discover what I want. I just want. And there is no fast food for the soul - I know, I know - there's chicken soup for the soul...it's just that it's summer and I don't want chicken soup. And now the metaphor has gone too far!

Peace out.

1 comment:

Christy said...

DOn't have much to say but I LOVE YOU! Prayin for you.