Saturday, August 19, 2006

Off to Aspen

Man - I really do get to do a lot of cool stuff. Later this morning Vivian, Sheralee and I are jetting (and by jetting I mean driving) off to Aspen for a night. It's about 200 miles from here and we'll get a chance to visit Vince, hear Luke sing and get out of the city into the mountains to relax for a bit. My love for the mountains is an ever increasing close second to my love for Lake Michigan.

After getting back from Michigan this week was good and hard. Work was a little crazy because the president was in town again - he comes about once a month - and then once he left my boss got back into town. The communication of what had happened while he was gone got a bit crazy - I am often reminded that when I communicate it's a good idea to start a couple steps before what I think is a good starting point - think I could have saved myself some frustration if I'd done that.

And in Michigan it kinda slammed me in the face how much my orientation toward the world right now is toward not taking responsibility for other people's choices. I heard "well, that's their choice and I can't be held responsible for that" come out of my mouth about 200 times in the past two weeks. I don't know if I'm just starting to notice it, if I always do that, and while I think I have a history of taking too much of other people's issues and blaming them on myself I'm just not sure if I haven't gone too far to the other side of the pendulum. So that's a tiny glimpse into what I've been thinking about lately.

See you later - after I'm back from Aspen.

No comments: