Monday, August 21, 2006

Oh the places you'll go

Aspen was fun! Vivian, Sheralee and I decided to take Independence Pass to get there instead of just going up I70. I was driving and it was beautiful and scary! There were points on the way down into Aspen after we reached the top and the continental divide where there was still snow on the ground when all of a sudden signs warned that the "Road Narrows" and then we were winding down this mountain on a road with no middle yellow line because there wasn't room for it. But it was still a two way road. There were a number of places where the road was on a cliff and woah - I don't really enjoy that type of driving! We took I70 home and it too was a beautiful drive - the cliffs outside of Glenwood Springs are breathtaking.

Once we got there it was so fun! Luke was going to drive and find us - the woman at his hotel even gave him driving directions when in fact our hotels were basically right next door. We took in a bit of a Nickel Creek concert, until it started raining and we ate dinner - at the top of the hill where they were playing, so we got to eat AND hear the concert. (we would have been able to hear it better if there weren't a bunch of kids running around without great supervision.) There was a beautiful rainbow that hit the ground very close by. I got to see Vince - if only for a tiny bit - and it was great to spend some time with Luke too and hear him sing.

There are days like yesterday when we woke up, got something to eat, and sat by the pool for a while (which is a pretty common weekend routine lately) where I realized that I have a pretty sweet life. I hopefully have pics up soon.

The only hitch is that I started coming down with a cold - something I think I caught on the plane last weekend and so now I'm home trying to kick it. Off to nap.

2 comments:

Maria said...

hey nick - for some reason (probably something to do with drugs...) I only wrote this as a draft & never posted it. You were right - there was no new post.

Nick Richtsmeier said...

hooray for new posts! Thanks Maria... I like to hear about the trip live and also on your blog. Double duty. :)