Friday, August 11, 2006

7 hours

It's 8:33 pm on Friday, August 11. In 7 hours one or more of the Phillipses and the Borgmans are picking me up to go to the airport to fly to Michigan. (The Borgs are going on vacation.) And I have just gotten my laundry out of the dryer. And I haven't started packing. Unless you call doing laundry starting, because I do. And instead of packing, I'm blogging. Ahhhhh!

And for the record I'm selfishly mad at the TSA and the terrorists. And not because of my shampoo or perfume or contact solution I may have packed in my carry-on. No - because of the Oberon and Simply Red I want to bring back from Michigan to Denver. And now I have to either ship it, or pack it in a suitcase that I will then check. No - I'm not worried that my plane will blow up - for one, I'm not flying between the UK and the US. No - instead I'm angry that I can't carry a Starbucks I purchase in the airport onto a 6:30 AM flight! That is EARLY!

So here's to getting more than 2 hours of sleep tonight! And to bringing home my favorite beer and wine from Michigan :)

2 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

travelling is always such a pain, isn't it? And I'm sure the terrorist attacks don't help any. I was just reading sara's blog (Brett's wife) and she can't bring any carry ons at all. Not even a book. Was that the same for you?

Beth said...

I'm so glad you came to visit and that we got to hang out. But we need to talk more soon...you know what we need to discuss. ;)