Friday, July 27, 2007

Today I'm Breaking the Rules

  • I'm wearing jeans.
  • I'm listening to the radio.
  • I'm chatting on gmail.
  • I'm not affixing my front license plate.

Yup - I'm a rebel. And I've been caught. By the Denver Police - but just for the license plate thing. They don't care that I'm listening to the radio. So I'm busy trying to weed out my registration and proof of insurance and I'm shaaaaaking like crazy. Here's a little taste of what happened next:

Police officer trying to help (i think): "M'am, it's going to be okay, you can stop shaking."
Maria: I'll try. (As if I could turn it off.)
P: Have you been pulled over before?
M: Yes
P: There aren't an warrants out for your arrest are there?
M: Not that I know of (dear god this feels a bit familiar...starting to get paranoid)

[P leaves to write ticket]

P: Blah, blah, ticket, blah. Be careful now.
M: I will. (because I'm just glad you didn't arrest me!) {There was NO reason for him to...just for clarification.}

1 comment:

Beek's Fam said...

*shaking finger* tisk tisk tisk!!