Thursday, January 18, 2007

So Disorganized

I could be talking about my apartment - disorganization rules in my sections of it at the moment. What I'm really talking about is my thoughts though. I've started about sixtyleven blog posts in the last couple of days and they all ended up irritating me, so there was no way I was going to subject you, my kind and loyal readers (all 7 of you) to the verbal diarrhea that they were.

I'll say this - I've been thinking a lot in the past week or so about direction, vocation, career, connectedness, love and I'm sure more. To the point where I think my brain is even going in the night because I'm having a hard time waking up in the morning. That could also have something to do with the fact that it's been bone chilling cold. I thought I was so clever on Sunday when I told my mom that it was twice as warm as it had been the day before. And by that I meant it was 12 degrees out instead of 5.

Here's the kicker of today. My boss asked a coworker to stretch the truth in order to cover up something that she did if his boss asked about it. Now - my coworker did nothing wrong. In fact the "thing" that she did was terribly helpful and will help her do her job better. And I feel like it's crossing the line. I don't want him to ask me to do the same. I also don't know if I'm just overreacting because I don't like the boss' boss to begin with and so I think it's stupid to have to tiptoe around him. I wish there was some sort of sensor that would go off to let you know the weight to place on certain events. Wouldn't that be nice...maybe it's my million dollar idea. Better than a 5 pound block of silly putty. That's all I'm sayin'.

3 comments:

Viv M. said...

if you count the voices in my head, that's at least 5 people reading your blog :-)

Maria said...

well - i forgot to count those voices. 12 readers then. 12.

Christy said...

i love you and your voices. :) I hate bosses that are jerks-- I am so glad I finally have a nice one. Here's hoping you find your dream and chase it!

ps- I am going snow shoeing tomorrow.
ck