Sunday, January 21, 2007

Must Do This More Often


Dave and I took my Christmas snowshoes out for their inaugural trip today. As it turns out snowshoeing in Colorado is quite different than snowshoeing in Michigan. I don't know why I'm always surprised by this because almost everything is different in Colorado. In Michigan snowshoeing is just like hiking - even if you have to trail blaze. Mostly because I've never gone when there was more than a foot of snow on the ground. In the mountains of Rocky Mountain National Park there is foot after foot after foot of snow on the ground and you're climbing a mountain. All this to say it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be and I'm very thankful Dave was patient with me.

We did leave Denver at 6 this morning though - so now I'm exhausted - that good exhausted where you did something instead of that I'm so bored with working exhausted. There are more pictures on my fotki site by clicking the My Pictures link to the right.

2 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

It definately looks like Colorado is beautiful in the snow.

Maria said...

Yes - the mountains certainly are beautiful in the snow! If I had known we were predicted to get 6 inches of snow yesterday though I might have had second thoughts about driving two hours to get to this beautiful place.