Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Baby Got Back

You may have noticed the lapse in blogging there for a week or so. Please accept my apologies - I've been travelling and catching up with family and friends and jumping back on the computer was not high on the priority list. It's back up there now though - don't you worry! So what have I been up to you ask? I'll give you a quick rundown. Then perhaps I'll get back to the real blogging tomorrow :)

I did make it out of Denver last week Thursday. I've never seen the lines so long at DIA - the security line wound through the baggage claim area and I saw a United ticket line that wound through the food court area on the second floor of the terminal. Checking in online and printing off my boarding pass before heading to the airport was perhaps one of the best choices I have ever made. After hitting Dallas and O'hare I made it to Grand Rapids 10 minutes ahead of schedule. Well - technically a day and 10 minutes, that's really beside the point.

I surprised my mother's family by showing up at their Christmas party even though I wasn't supposed to be in Michigan until the next morning. Saw my dad's parents for breakfast, my friend Christy for coffee, Mary and Terri at Terri's house, Burt & Tim at their place and spent some beautiful quality hours with my family. I went to Meijer. Saw Lake Michigan from the plane. Celebrated Christmas, New Year's and Sharon's wedding. I think it was a great trip home. I'll try to have some pictures for you very soon.

Now I'm back and it feels good to be back in a routine. I didn't want so much to get out of bed this morning, and aside from that getting back to normal after the holidays, the blizzard and travelling is helping me start feeling like a normal human being again. Yay.

4 comments:

Christy said...

yay for coffee with me! :) It was so great to see you! I wish you lived closer! I want to see picks of Sharrons wedding- or jusr sharron and her hubby.

Great to see you- glad you didn't get delayed here with the Ford arrival. Although I would have laughed had that happend. :)
ck

Joel Swagman said...

Back in Denver already? I'm sorry I missed you. I'm sure we'll be able to get together at some other point in the future though.

Maria said...

sorry joel! i was in town for just a couple days and while it sounds like i saw a lot of people my family kept a pretty close leash on my time. won't you come to denver sometime to visit your family?

Joel Swagman said...

Someday maybe. I was just in Denver this spring to see my brother, but of course I didn't know you were out there at the time.

I'm going back to Japan for a year, so I probably won't make it out to Denver anytime soon. But the last time I talked to my brother it sounded like he wasn't planning on moving, so chances are I'll be out there again someday. And when I do, I'll look you up.