Monday, October 06, 2008

Detox: Day 4

Well it's Day 4 of the Detox and I think I'm just starting to see some of the effects. I think that the hardest part thus far has been drinking the shakes that contain my supplements. The powder never fully dissolves and so they're pretty chalky. I'm perfecting my shaking technique, and I think it's working. I've also learned that it's easier to stomach when mixed with fruit juice or rice milk. Ah the joy of learning.

Until yesterday afternoon and this morning I was starting to worry that this was all bullshit. (Pardon my french) However, I've begun feeling some of the side effects in my gut, and the nutritionist assures me that this is how things should be happening. I won't be on full dosage of the supplements until Friday of this week, so I guess that maybe I should just be a little patient.

The diet itself has been fairly easy to keep. The only exception being the rice cereal I had for breakfast yesterday morning. I think perhaps my 6 month old niece and I had the same thing for breakfast yesterday. If the menu planner suggests that for me for breakfast again, I will choose something else!

So, the moral of the story for today is: so far so good :)

No comments: