Wednesday, October 15, 2008

blah aahg glauhgh woiuglad

I was reminded this morning of something I've believed to be true for a while - laughter, specifically giggling can certainly help the mood! Here's my story:

I work in cubicle-land. It's not as bad as a lot of office plans I've seen but in the room I work in there are 12 cubicles, about half of which are inhabited by support staff like me and the other half house junior brokers who are on the phone a lot. It gets noisy. I'm on one end and on the opposite end is a loud man with a low voice who on occasion gets really excited on the phone. The thing is, the only noise that gets all the way to me is his laughter and some muffled sounds. So from where I'm sitting it sounds like he is a crazy person who roams the 16th Street Mall talking to the voices in his head. It bothers me usually. However this morning I decided to share my frustration with a friend who sits in the cube next to me by chatting with her about it on Gchat - and it turned into this hysterical conversation. I'm slightly afraid that it's one of those you-had-to-be-there moments, but I typed the above phrase "blah aahg glaughg woiuglad" to describe what I heard and the two of us dissolved into giggles. It certainly helped to dispel some of the monotony of office life.

I'm hoping this little life lesson reminds me to keep laughing and to try to keep things light to dispel the boredom that often hits working in cubicle-land. Here's to more laughter.

2 comments:

Viv M. said...

silly me - I thought you were about to share with us a Dutch recipe.

Gozo said...

That's a great life lesson, thanks!!