Monday, October 13, 2008

Detox: Day 11

I'm just coming off another low-key detox weekend. Winter or at least something that felt like winter, visited Denver, and it was nice to cozy up. I read, watched movies, lit candles, took a bath, and generally did nothing. The detox was starting to drive me a little crazy. This weekend marked my highest dosage of the supplements and my body was having a hard time adjusting to all of it. I talked to the nutritionist this morning (after she talked to some doctors at the manufacturer) and it turns out, the symptoms I'm experiencing are in line with someone who has IBS. We're now taking some steps to get me back on track and I'm hopeful that now I'll start feeling better. Feeling better being the reason that I jumped into this detox in the first place.

Not surprisingly this weekend turned quite introspective for me as well and I was struck with two things. First, I think I'm a little more affected by a recent break-up than I would like to admit to myself. Second, I let the fear of making mistakes, or of not doing something perfectly, stop me from trying things a lot of the time. This idea of trying, and then trying again, and not worrying too much about making mistakes struck me over and over in the things I read and the things I watched this weekend. So, I'm going to try and go with it. I'm hoping to try things and see what happens instead of trying to do things right or perfectly all the time. Maybe it'll be life changing. Who knows.

No comments: