Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Come Skiing!


I live in a state that is crazy fun and crazy strange. There are two ski areas - Arapahoe Basin and Loveland - that compete every year to see who will be the first to open. Tomorrow, October 15, they're both schedule to open at 8:30 am. October people. This is just crazy to me - especially since in June of this year Aspen had enough snow that they decided to open for a weekend or two. In June.


It pains me to say this, but part of me is enjoying this change in the season. I'm not enjoying shivering the days away at work, and at the same time I am enjoying long hot baths, candlelight, snuggling up under a blanket, and surprisingly the smell that comes when the radiators in my building are running. That said, it is still crazy to me that ski season here can be 8 months long. I think my next move might be to San Diego. Thankfully they're predicting that Denver will be back in the 70s by the end of this week.


In short detox news, two things. 1 - it was so nice to have breakfast back this morning. I've been having detox shakes for breakfast since Saturday and I miss a hot breakfast. 2 - it is strange to me that as I'm coming to the end of this detox it's starting to just feel like a routine. I'm afraid that coming out of the detox might be as much of an adjustment as going in. That said, my time on the shakes may be extended due to the fact that I haven't been digesting them too well. More on that later.

No comments: