Monday, August 27, 2007

So It's Week 3

Welcome to week three of unemployment! Can I get an amen? Or a woo woo? I would like to say that I've been using my responsibility-less time to it's full potential with plenty of reading, exercising and catching up with friends rolled in there with the job searching. Hmm - I've read 1 chapter in a book, taken a few walks, and caught up with no one. I have however played plenty of online games, watched a lot of television and woken up without an alarm.

After a few hard days I'm not as upset as I first was. I'm very thankful not to be working at my old job. For certain I would have liked to leave on my own terms, and, still can't think of any better reason than a paycheck to continue working there. I'm still trying to figure out what direction to move next - and if there's a way I can find a job to stay content at for more than 6 months.

I've also been wondering a lot about stress and my ways of approaching and dealing. It seems as though denial is perhaps my strategy. I say this because I think I'm doing well and then one little tiny thing hits and I'm off. Off to scary crazy extremes. I'd like to dig into that a bit more too. For now I think I'll play more games...

8 comments:

Beek's Fam said...

I'll give ya a WOO WOO on the unemployment week #3!!! I've been thinking about ya and praying that you will find a job soon. But in the mean time, enjoy all your spare time.

Anonymous said...

I'll give you an AMEN! And if you are looking for jobs you can always talk to Jared English about something in China. I'm sure he's LOVE to hook you up. =)

Anonymous said...

have you even considered applying for unemployment?

Joel Swagman said...

Or Japan. Don't forget about Japan.

Maria said...

"have you even considered applying for unemployment"-Anonymous

Um - yes. It's actually the first thing I did. And I'm hopeful it's going to help, but it's not a quick process and I haven't yet received my first check. It's also only a portion of what I had been making and it's no reason to not look for a job.

You know, I like having anonymous comments on this blog - that way people don't need a blogger account to comment. Then I get hurtful comments like this and I start consider turning it off. I've asked before, and I'll ask again. If you're going to leave an anonymous comment please at least share your initials. Thanks!

Viv M. said...

oh anonymous... what the hell...

Anonymous said...

sorry...A.C.

Maria said...

thanks smart ass.