Saturday, August 25, 2007

One Thing

I had my cable turned off to save some money. Except I thought that perhaps the cable company would forget to turn off the signal - I know enough people who magically have cable in their apartments to believe it to be true. I was wrong. Yesterday I was just settling down to take a quick cat nap - taking advantage of having the opportunity - when it went out.

In and of itself this is not a big deal. I have some bunny ears, I can get some basic channels, and quite frankly I hope I'll stop being such a lazy butt with my time. However - when it actually went out I was terribly upset. Over cable! In that moment I realized how paper thin I am at the moment. I was actually having a good day - applied for a number of jobs, accepted an interview for a job that I could actually get into, and spent some time helping out a friend. One little thing like the cable going out and I could have cried. No joke.

It took pretty much the rest of the day to recover and this morning, after a good night's sleep I'm feeling better again. May try and take a hike, or a walk or something. In any case, what I'm trying to say, is that I'm frustrated with the fact that I'm so emotionally thin. It seems appropriate, and that doesn't mean I like it. I hope that I can continue to adjust to these changes without causing too much damage to my relationships. I think I tend to take my frustration out on my friends and I sort of realize it while it's happening, but I realize the extent when I'm out of the dark place. Here's to calmly approaching what's next.

1 comment:

Christy said...

hang in there friend! And if you want to talk instead of watching fuzz- you got the number