Monday, August 06, 2007

Say Hello to What's His Name

I have a new roommate - a sweet cat with no name as of yet. I don't like the name he had at the Dumb Friends League (Chico) and right now I have narrowed the name choices down to Stanley Stucco and Calvin Cab. Harvey was in the running, but I just don't think he's a Harvey. The middle names have significance because of the traumatic afternoon Sheralee, the cat and I shared yesterday.

We brought him home yesterday afternoon (this one and only picture I have is from in the car) and he of course ran into hiding right away because he's scared. The spot he chose was in my cabinets and I really didn't want him in there. In trying to coax him out I scared him deeper into the cabinet - except that the only place to go was into this tiny 4" space between the back of the cabinet and the wall. And he got stuck. I was freaking out, Sheralee was freaking out, the cat was freaking out. We called everyone we knew in Denver between the two of us, thinking we might have to cut out the back of the cabinet. We even called 911 and they told us to call 311 for animal control. Animal control couldn't come out, for some understandable reasons, so we ended up leaving him alone for a bit to see if he might find his own way out. And he did - what a smart cat. So Stucco for getting stuck and Cab for cabinet.

He did explore the apartment some during the night and even ate some food - so I think he's going to be just fine, it will take a little while though! It took me most of the rest of the afternoon to calm down!

In other news - I have not yet gotten this phone call or email I am so desperately waiting for. I promise when the time is right I'll post everything!

1 comment:

Beek's Fam said...

What a cutie!!! You'll have to post more pics once you have some. If you have any cat questions, let me know! I used to work at an animal hospital and I'm good with cats.