Thursday, August 16, 2007

Not as Bad as Originally Thought

So while getting let go, fired, the boot or whatever has not been easy, I'm beginning to see that perhaps in the short run it's not as bad as I originally thought. I took a generous offer from Sheralee and accompanied her on a work trip to northwest Colorado. I can search for jobs and field phone calls from here, so I'm basically getting a change of scenery while doing the work that I'm responsible for now - namely finding a new job.

While I've been here and perhaps just while I've been unemployed - it's mostly the same - I've realized that while I'm certainly stressed and worried about where the next rent check is coming from it's a totally different stress than working for a company that could care less about me. It's a different stress than dreading going into work in the morning. I don't stress looking for jobs, or answering phone screens in and of themselves. I stress about finding a job and about finding a good job but somehow it's different. Partially I suppose because I was already stressing about finding a new and good job while going through the motions at a really horrible one.

Don't get me wrong - it's not all sunshine and lollipops - and somehow while I wish that I didn't get fired some sort of huge weight has been lifted. I say this today. I say this right now. Tomorrow may be different - yesterday surely was. But I'm slowly learning that all I have is right now and I'd like to learn how to live with that in mind.

1 comment:

Viv M. said...

I LOVE YOU FRIEND :)