Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What Did You Do Last Night Maria?

Glad you asked! Sheralee and I met at the old apartment last night to clean. As part of the deal to leave our lease early we agreed to clean the place so that our landlord could show it. So we got something to eat as a celebration of the last bit of moving work getting done and got to it. This involved me getting up on the porch railing to take down some lights that were up there, cleaning out the fridge and the freezer, Sheralee cleaning out the oven (yucky), and general cleaning. While we were getting started the sky was getting blacker and blacker and eventually we were in the middle of a giant thunderstorm complete with winds, torrential rain and hail.

In the midst of this rain Sheralee remembered that her windows were open so she tried to leave to go close them. When she was leaving she found that our alley had been replaced with a river and so she ended up taking my car. Except my key to her place wasn't on that key ring, so I ran her keys out to her - in the downpour and with the car parked in about 8 inches of rushing gutter water. She finally made it back to her place, to find that the rain did in fact get all over the place.

Later as we were taking out the trash to get ready to mop the floors I handed my keys to Sheralee as she was heading outside. It seemed to be taking a while for her to get back so I went out to the dumpster and couldn't find her. I started to worry just a bit when I saw her walking down the sidewalk. Yup - my keys ended up in the dumpster. So we tried getting them out with the broom handle and it just wasn't working. So I went dumpster diving - for my keys. Thankfully the trash had been taken out recently and it was mainly our trash in there. But it was a yucky soggy dumpster.

We still have to mop the floors. Hopefully that will be a piece of cake later today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do these things happen to you!!?? I think that might deserve the black coal!
ck

Maria said...

http://denver.craigslist.org/mis/331502501.html

Viv M. said...

miRA - you sexy ass in the air, me, swimming in the alley - perhaps we're meant to be