Monday, May 21, 2007

Unsettled

Today I'm feeling career unsettled. Lately I've been thinking a lot about what I've been taught about work and vocation. I tossed a bit of what I'd been taught as far as your work being a part of what you were created to do, and your choice of work being somehow spiritual. Instead I prefer to look at work more holistically - as in, my whole life and being is a testament, and no matter what I do it's more about my approach and intentions than the actual title and company. I still think that's true, and at the same time I've been fairly unhappy in this and the previous two jobs that I've held. Is it indicative of a deeper problem? Have I just done a poor job of choosing jobs because I've acted spontaneously? Is it some sort of combination? Why do I get to 6 months on a job and become really restless?

No answers. Just questions. I do not like these phases.

2 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

Why do I get to 6 months on a job and become really restless?
--At least I know I'm not the only one

Anonymous said...

sometimes, in the midst of other changes, it becomes easier to look toward how our job is not the best option. best of luck in either sticking it out or finding a new job.