Sunday, September 23, 2007

When I'm 64

Yesterday I spent some gorgeous time at the Strawberry Park Hot Springs in Steamboat. The springs were beautiful and sitting in the warm water in the natural setting was so relaxing!

At the end of the day however, I was left wondering - When I'm 80 what am I going to believe that my kids are going to question? What am I going to tell them that they are going to think is crazy or at the very least doubtful.

I can barely claim to be an adult, and most of the time I'd rather not. However - the more I live the more I'm convinced that nothing is certain. The more comfortable I am in the questions. The more uncomfortable I get when someone tells me that there's only one way to do something. Perhaps I'm in some sort of questioning phase and I'll at some point find the confidence that so many people seem to have in finding the right way, the right thing to think or believe. For right now I hope that isn't true - that instead I'll continue to ask questions, and pick things apart. It's the way I find that I grow and learn the best.

3 comments:

Christy said...

life is not certain - that's certain! Thanks for reminding me not to worry. I take the dress in after work and she said she can do it in a week (mind you she hasn't seen what alterations need to be done--- MAJOR). Here is to fitting in a dress.
ck

Viv M. said...

so when are we going to the springs?

Maria said...

after i get a job