Saturday, May 20, 2006

Mmm..Saturday

I'm still completely blown away by having an entire weekend where I'm not expected to work. It helps to have a vacation every week to make the routine of going to work more bearable and accessible.

I mean - last night I went to dinner with Vivian, Meghan and Sheralee - we had a drink, sat outside, read trivial pursuit questions and relaxed! Today I went shopping with Meghan, I got groceries, talked with Jim and Sheralee, went to the art store and I'm still going to eat with Jen, Wendy and Sheralee and then go out to celebrate Sharon's birthday. AND - after all that I still have all day tomorrow to relax and get some other stuff done.

It feels amazing to make my own choices about how to spend a weekend without having to take work obligations into the picture. I understand that I chose the job - and - it usually felt like I was trapped by having to work around my weekend work schedule. Hooray for freedom!

1 comment:

Christy said...

so glad you are enjoying your freedom. I don't think people undestand how limiting it can be to have a job you work non stop. I am hopin for that freedom soon.
ck