Monday, May 15, 2006

A COLD camping trip


This weekend I went camping with some friends. We went on a beautiful hike from our campsite in Golden Gate Canyon State Park to Panorama Point - where we had a beautiful view of the Continental Divide - and then back to our campsite.

Then we spent the rest of the day hanging out - roasting brats and hot dogs, eating smores and having interesting conversation. We discovered that Panorama Point was only a short drive from our campsite (I have to admit this was a tad bit disappointing) and tried to watch the sunset. There was no sunset - instead we saw some beautiful clouds and rain falling in the distance.

The night was COLD sleeping. I was in a tent with three other girls - on ONE air mattress - that is until Maria D went into the car because she was cold. Thankfully it started to warm up in the morning for a little better sleep. And by warm up I mean it was 41 degrees while we were cooking breakfast - according to Luke's magic watch.

All in all it was a great trip - and it was wonderful for my soul to be able to get away and be outside for a long long time. If you follow the My Pictures link on the right of the page you can see some pictures of the trip. And some other pictures that I finally rescued from my camera - enjoy :)

1 comment:

Christy said...

I LOVE YOU!! I am glad you had fun-- sounds like a relaxing weekend.

ck