Friday, April 28, 2006

Random day...

The weather outside was dreary today...rainy and cloudy and cold! Right now it's 50 and I think that's the warmest it's been all day!

I thought when I got up that perhaps the day was going to follow suit - and it was anything but dreary. I started the day with breakfast with Jared and Jen Pope - so fun! Then I had an interview at Vivie's temp agency - that went well. Turns out I score well at Word and Excel and I type at 60 wpm. Good scores apparently.

Then I had lunch with Vivian at the cash register building, signed off my Cobra and found out how much my last check will be and then had a really random interview with a different staffing agency about a job soliciting businesses to list open jobs with the company. It's a small office in Denver with offices in a number of other cities. The interview was random...not so much an interview as an extended live version of the job description. Then the guy interviewing me put "the ball in my court" which apparently means I could have the job if I wanted it and I told him I'd call on Monday.

There's randomness in it - and the office felt good and the guy - without me even saying anything - talked about how he doesn't like to micromanage and something about it not getting angry and crazy there. Which was interesting because that was what I wanted to know and felt comfortable asking about management style and not comfortable asking about anger.

There's so much of me that just wants to take it...and it seems a little too good to be true...hmmm...I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

Christy said...

i love you-- hope to talk to you soon!

ck

Christy said...

i need some more news!!! Are you around tonight!?

ck