Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Exhaustion, beautiful exhaustion

I am exhausted (if you didn't get that from the title). My mom, sister Joy, Vivian, Sara, Hayden and I went into the mountains to sit in the natural hot water at Hot Sulfer Springs. It was BEAUTIFUL! And now I have some severe sunburn and I am completely exhausted.

Then the shame bomb reared it's ugly head when we headed off to the Old Navy Outlet at Silverthorne which I totally thought was only an exit or two further west than the exit we took to get to the hot springs. Oops - it was 25 miles further - and in the end probably not worth the drive. My sister did get some good stuff and she was happy. And the baby was crying and date night was looming and in my exhaustion shame took over. Still fighting it if I'm going to be honest.

I think this is perhaps why I'm getting so tweaked by personal responsibility lately. My shame brings more responsibility on me than is necessary. Yes - I had some bad information - and - we were all involve in the decision to go further. Perhaps it could be helpful - if we need to talk about responsibility at all - to talk about mutual responsibility. Just a thought in the exhaustion.

No comments: