Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Extroverted Introvert

After two life-giving days of almost no social interaction I'm starting to realize more that I may just be an introvert. An extroverted introvert. Or perhaps an introverted extrovert. {screaming} Ahh - semantics! (and I won't lie - I usually enjoy the semantics)

Don't get me wrong - I love people, and there are many times when being together is extremely life-giving - and I also periodically reach a point where I just need to be alone. I think that I've convinced myself that to be liked, loved, whatever I need to be fun and the only way to do that is to live extroverted. Too bad that's not completely me. Too bad that's probably a lie.

Here's to true identity. Here's to taking space. Here's to giving space. Amen.

2 comments:

Viv M. said...

amen!

as a fellow highly social introvert, i say take as much time with yourself as possible!!! holy cow, i know i need that in my life!

Megs said...

and as an off the chart extrovert, I know that the beauty of taking time for myself is that I can give more to the people I interact with.

Embrace whomever you are...I'll love you no matter what!