Monday, October 22, 2007

Waiting - Yet Again

If you haven't caught this from reading the blog, I'll let you in on a little secret that's not actually a secret. Patience is something I have yet to learn. Today was a lesson in distraction as a method of avoidance. I'm waiting to hear on a job that I interviewed for three different times last week. When I spoke with my contact on the placement agency on Friday she told me she wouldn't be surprised if I heard something on Monday. I was of course watching the phone for most of the morning, and then I spent most of the afternoon with Sheralee running some errands. Thankfully the errands got my mind off of the phone call for a few minutes - thus a lesson in distraction. I'm starting to wonder if life is just a series of moments in wait. Waiting to hear about a job. Waiting to hear back from a friend. Waiting to go on vacation. Waiting for life to be what you want it to be. I hope that this isn't what life is. I'm going continue to do what I can to capture this and every moment and take it for what it is instead of waiting for what comes next. Yup - idealist in the room!

I also tried to help a friend get tickets for the World Series this morning. I'm sure it's not being reported around the country, so I'll tell you, it was a MESS. After the Rockies won the NLCS they announced that they would be conducting a lottery where you would have to wait in line and then maybe the line that you're in would be chosen to actually purchase tickets. Then they scrapped that idea and decided to sell all the tickets online. So this morning I along with about a billion other people logged onto the internet to try and get some tickets. No one could get through - and at about noon they suspended ticket sales entirely. It's being reported that they've sold 500 tickets of the 18,000 per game that remain after pre-sales to season ticket holders. Tonight I read that the Rockies are claiming that they (and we) are the victims of a malicious hacker. I don't think they're telling the entire story. Apparently they're trying it all again beginning at noon tomorrow. Go Rockies?

No comments: