Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Irritated with Hiring Directors

If you've been reading this blog for the past two months you know that I'm on the hunt for a new job. To this point it's consisted of emailing my resume out to new jobs posted almost daily and following up by phone with the postings that don't say "No Phone Inquiries." However - those are few and far between. I'm just so irritated that actually speaking with someone in HR is nearly impossible. I got this email from a prospective employer this morning:

Thank you for your interest in working with [prospective employer]. We are dedicated to continuing our growth by attracting highly talented people.
Your qualifications are carefully being reviewed for a possible match with our current career opportunities. If we identify a match, we will contact you within the week.
If you do not hear from us, please assume that we do not have a suitable position available for you at this time, but we will keep your resume on file for further review.
Thank you again, and we wish you the best of luck in your professional endeavors.

I am so sick and tired of hearing "don't call us, we'll call you". I almost always means they're not going to call. I'm not typically a glass half empty kind of a girl, and these automated email responses make me so irritated.

3 comments:

Maria said...

I need to stop commenting on my own posts - and I just encountered something else I hate about looking for a job. Employers won't just post the salary they're looking to hire in. Instead they ask what I want to make. I always feel like it's a crap shoot (literally - I think playing craps would be easier) if I go to high, they won't look at me but if I go too low I could cheat myself out of a better salary. Gah!

Beek's Fam said...

Keep your chin up girl! A job is out there for you. I know it isn't easy and I'm praying something will just fall into your lap.
And don't think of those letters being bad, think that they don't know what they're missing by not hiring you! Some company soon will be honored to have you on their pay roll.

Christy said...

I hate these exact things about the job market. Keep plugging- I know these things make you seem helpless. We are praying for you.
ck